From the past few months, we are continuously listening about an unwanted guest of the world CORONAVIRUS also known by another name as Noble Coronavirus or Covid-19.
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS
Let us first get to know what is this coronavirus pandemic, so according to W.H.O ( World Health Organisation ) coronavirus is an infectious disease which spread from human to human very quickly.
TRANSMISSION OF CORONAVIRUS
Since we mentioned above that it spread human to human very quickly allow us to explain how it gets spread, W.H.O further says that it gets spread usually through droplets of saliva or also from droplets of the discharge from the nose when an infected person of coronavirus coughs or sneezes.
Today this virus has affected almost 213 countries according to world meter in which worst affected are the United States, Brazil, India, Russia, Peru respectively.
PLACE OF ORIGIN
The first case of the coronavirus was reported in the city of Wuhan, China, tracked back to November last year.
From there it gets spread to mainland china few cities and then to other countries.
SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS
If a person gets infected by Coronavirus then usually takes 2 to 14 days to develop symptoms among which the most common symptoms are –
- Dry cough
- Running nose
However, the severe symptoms are as follows-
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Lost of speech or movement
One point to keep in mind is that although the Coronavirus could infect any person from any age group people from the age group below 10 and above 60 are at high risk from Coronavirus.
You can watch this amazing video related to coronavirus for further more clarity-
Coronavirus in India
In the present total cases of coronavirus in India is 7 lakh above.
A first confirmed case in India of coronavirus was reported on 30 January 2020 in Kerala.
The first death due to coronavirus was reported on 12 March 2020.
One-day Janta curfew was observed by the nation on 22 March 2020 succeeded by a nationwide lock-down till 14 April.
After that, the lockdown was extended until 3rd of May and then till the 31st of May.
However, the recovery rate of India is around sixty-two per cent which is much better than other countries of the world also the mortality rate of India is just 2.72% according to the Health Ministry of India.
India has well prepared itself for this pandemic, Testing numbers per day have increased, hospitals are kept ready for patients.
India also created Aarogya Setu app to spread awareness of Coronavirus and connect Corona related health services and also provide an option of self-assessment.
Make sure to download it from Play store.
” Prevention is better than cure “
The line mentioned above is today applicable and is the only way as till now there is no vaccine or medicine of Coronavirus.
Several countries including India have started the tests in Laboratories to develop vaccine or Medicine of it but till now there is a long way to go since after successful trials it will take time to reach in the market.
In India DCGI ( Drug Controller General of India ) has given nod for human trial of a vaccine for Coronavirus, but still, it will take time to be available in the market.
So, now the question arises how to be safe from this virus.
The answer just follows health ministry guidelines that are
- Wash your hands with soap ( any soap will work) or use alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth while coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid going to Public Gathering.
- See a doctor if you feel unwell (fever, cough and difficulty in breathing)
- Wear a mask while going out if nece3ssary and maintain social distancing.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus you can call 24 * 7 helpline number of the health ministry 011-23978046.
The good immunity system of our body will help our body to recover from coronavirus if by chance we get infected by Coronavirus.
So make sure to boost your body immunity power, few tips which you can follow to increase immunity power can be –
- Do not engage in smoking which can increase your chances of coronavirus since it targets lungs and we are well aware that smoking causes lung cancer.
- Take a healthy diet every day which should include low carb include fresh fruits and vegetables rich in Beta carotene, Ascorbic acid & other essential vitamins.
- Good snooze time for 7-8 hours is the best way to help your body build immunity; lesser sleep will leave you tired and impair your brain activity.
- Drink up to 8 to 10 glasses of water every day and exercise or do yoga regularly for at least 35 to 45 minutes.
Also, ensure that your body receives the following vitamins which are very healthy for the body.
- Vitamin C – It helps to prevent the common cold and acts as a powerful antioxidant good fro body.
- Vitamin D – Most people are deficient in Vitamin-D, so it’s best to consult with a doctor about taking a Vitamin D supplement to boost immune response.
- Zinc – Zinc deficiency often makes one more susceptible to flu, cold and other viral infections. It is advisable to take a zinc supplement, especially for older people.
- Turmeric and Garlic – Turmeric is rich in curcumin which is a good immunity booster meanwhile Garlic has robust antiviral properties which help the body to fight cold and influenza.
So above we mentioned all about coronavirus; how it spreads; preventive measures and tips to improve the immunity of the body.
At last, friends we are well aware that the government has eased down restriction in lockdown to prevent the job loss of citizens and to stable the affected economy due to this pandemic.
However, it does not mean that coronavirus has vanished please follow the health ministry guidelines since the risk of getting infected from coronavirus is still pretty much high.
Make sure that you read this amazing article on How to be fit.
Stay safe and stay healthy will meet you all in the next article.